Thursday, March 5, 2015

My Virgin Blog and The Gilmore Girls

Hello! I'm finally here, with a daily blog. Today is my first. I probably should write something serious about plot structure or character arcs to mark this milestone, but instead, I thought I'd give you my two cents on The Gilmore Girls. A lot of writers listen to music when they write. There's nothing better to get in the mood of a really sad scene than some really sad music or an action scene with some action music. Well, you get the picture. But it's hard to write comedy while listening to music. There's a certain rhythm to comedy that you can't find in music. So, ironically when I write comedy, I have to sit in sad silence... unless I have Gilmore Girls in the background. The rhythm of the dialogue is perfect for comedy writing. I've heard that the writer of the Gilmore Girls had Buffy The Vampire Slayer episodes on a loop in the background when she wrote.

No comments: